How To Talk To
Friends and Family
You can have uncomfortable conversations with more confidence and less anxiety
Grab them by the hand and bring them on the journey towards equityI'M READY TO TALK
What's Included in the Workshop...
Live Zoom Kickoff
6 audio lessons so you can listen at your own convenience
Workbook so you can get clarity each step of the way
Live Zoom Wrap-up
Plus these Bonuses!
1 Month FREE
The Everyday Activism Habit is an online community that helps you make social equity a habit with self-care, joy, and community. Practice integrating anti-oppression into your everyday life.
7 Words to Know
If you're going to have hard conversations about racism and other forms of oppression, be clear. This video and download explain common terms and how they relate to each other.
Making equity a habit means it becomes second nature, just part of the way we live. Find out how you can do it with self-care and joy.
MAKE SOCIAL EQUITY A HABIT
You Can Shift Minds and Hearts
Get the formula to have difficult conversations that lead to change
- Learn how to have awkward conversations about racism (or any ism) with more confidence and less anxiety.
- Practice in a supported learning space so you can leave with new skills and the courage to speak up.
- Enjoy a guided process in the power of community!
Focus on Self and Community Care
You want to change somebody's mind? It starts with taking care of you:
- Take a breath and prepare
- Get tools to keep your cool
- Learn indicators of others engaging in good faith
You’ll finish this workshop with tools to decide where to spend your energy and to consciously manage your emotions in tough situations.
Know Your Facts
What's the biggest confidence booster when talking about oppression? Knowing your facts:
- Find facts you can trust
- Keep it simple
- Avoid asking for free emotional labor
You’ll finish this lesson knowing what to talk about and where to find the facts.
Undo the Work
Take a breath and undo it:
- Have the hard conversation
- Keep it simple
- Baby steps, you don't have to do it all at once
You'll finish this lesson with a plan for the conversation.
Rest and Rejoice
After the flood of emotions and adrenaline from getting outside your comfort zone, give your body and mind a break:
- Rest so your mind and body can recover
- Celebrate that you tried and what went well
- Rest and rejoice now on your own terms to avoid crashing later
You’ll finish this workshop with a road map for hard conversations, focused on your well-being and using incremental steps to create change.
This Workshop Is For You If...
- You hesitate to challenge the racist or oppressive behavior of your friends and family
- You get tongue-tied when you try to speak up for social justice and human rights
- You want your (grand)children to see you do the right thing and grow up unafraid to stand up for human rights
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Sacil Armstrong
For more than 20 years, I’ve connected people and opened minds, getting folks from very different backgrounds to come together for common causes. My teaching motto is no blame, no shame, no guilt because blaming and shaming gets in the way of learning. As a self-care coach, I use evidence-based techniques that not only make us feel good, but also increase our mental and emotional capacity to handle the moment. As a facilitator, I bring facts and help you consider different viewpoints and make connections. The choice is always yours.
Now I'm teaching others how to have these hard conversations. Will you join me?
"Your motto, “no blame, no shame, no guilt” helped me ask those difficult questions that are awkward to ask."
- Janice S.
"I love the emphasis on self-care and the sessions devoted to getting into our bodies and out of our emotions. That’s often overlooked but, I think it’s an essential part of this type of challenging training."
- Portia C.
"This workshop is easy to access and gives lots of good food for thought for those of us that get tongue tied or too angry when we try to talk about racism."
- Maria M.
How to Talk to
Your Racist Friends and Family
Learn how to have uncomfortable conversations with less anxiety and better resultsREGISTER NOW
Email sacil [at] EverydayActivismHabit [dot] com.
Ready to do something now?
Get the Everyday Activism Action Pack and join our mailing list and be the first to know when the course goes live again.
Everyday Activism Action Pack
Do something today and get notified when the workshop goes live.
We won't spam. Unsubscribe at any time.